Friday, March 14, 2008

Impressed!!

What am I impressed with??

The LEGO Company :)

Let me explain: last month I bought the Mobile Devastator. When I opened it up, the sticker sheet was very badly crushed, and one of the stickers was missing! Sucks! So I went to the LEGO website to put in for a replacement set of stickers. I wasn't sure if it would work though, cos on submitting the form, it said that they don't serve Singapore, so hey. Anyway, I also called the local branch office to request for the stickers, and was told they'd get it in for me, but it would take about 6 weeks. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

An d LO AND BEHOLD, today, about 4 weeks after I put in the request online, I got a letter from LEGO! Direct from the HQ in UK! Inside was an addressed letter apologising for the problem, and a brand new sticker set! I am very, VERY impressed and grateful! It isn't easy to keep up with all the requests i'm sure, especially when it's from across the globe! That makes it all the more amazing! Their dedication to service excellence really shows :) Left them a compliment on the website to tell them so. Keep it up guys! And thanks!

Ok, in purchasing news, let's see, I picked up Mugenbine Chase Dober ($24.95) from Robinson's on Wednesday, as long as Bionicle Mutran and Vican ($20.90) from the LEGO roadshow in AMKHub. I had a $10 voucher to use at the fair (min. $60 sepnding), so I was looking for something else to bolster the purchase. I considered getting another Fire Vulture (which I probably will eventually) and another Iron Condor, which I honestly wasn't too keen on doing, cos what's the point of having repeat sets right? I'd rather build something new! So I pondered the smaller Aqua Raiders sets. Really cute, but then I'd be tempted to get the entire set (which is conveniently on discount now), and the theme didn't appeal to me all that much. So after browsing a bit more, I settled for the new Mars Mission MX-41 Switch Fighter ($39.90 after 20%) which looked extremely cool cos it transformed and came with an alien ship as well. And damn. I think I'm hooked :

Today, I went by OG, and saw a HUGE stash of TF deluxes in the store. This stash had a good number of '08 Bees, which was slightly surprising, and more surprisingly, the "Wal-Mart exclusive" Cybertron repaints! Big Daddy! (picked him up, got 10% off thanks to a kind lady :) Didn't look at the rest, but not too interested anyway.

I find it hilarious how US exclusives always end up on regular shelves here in abundance :)

No comments: