Monday, March 17, 2008

Ruinous

Got a whole lot of stuff on Saturday! Had arranged to go down to Falcon's with G, with the intention of picking up the Henkei Leaders, but totally didn't expect the new Revoltechs to be in as well! So I ended up collecting Henkei C-01 Convoy ($43) and Revoltechs Hot Rodimus and Starscream ($25 each). I went down to Suntec to kill time before the trip to Falcon's, and saw to my surprise (and slight horror), that the Mars Mission MT-101 Armoured Drilling Unit had a further 20% off at Carrefour!!! Just as I was really tempted to pick it up too, but even then, at $70 it was still a big buy, so I resisted and didn't pick it up.

Butttt I went back after the Falcon trip and got it anyway (Mars Mission MT-101 Armoured Drilling Unit, $71.90) : So much for self-control heh. Anyway, the set is REALLY good, the build was fun, and the final product, quite amazing! The beast is huge, and I really like the way the other components hook up to the main body.

I also picked up the two tiny MM sets today, the Mini robot and Alien Jet sets ($5.50 each), very cute, but without any of the bigger sets, don't really serve a purpose. Will see if I can do anything else with the pieces :)

In other news, going to Bangkok for a much needed break after the exams! Everything's booked, just need to research on good shopping places and all : ) Can't wait for the term to end!

No comments: