Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day of wandering around Orchard

Went down to have a look see at Orchard after school, as well as getting Pa's HP serviced by Nokia. I think I spent the longest time in Wheelock Place ever today, and not because of the Nokia Care Centre.

Anyway, Taka's having an additional 10% discount for Taka Credit Card members, so I of course had to have look. There were MANY things that I would have liked to buy, but had to restrain myself, simply because I didn't really need them. Like the Ryukendo Delta Shadow. Various TF repaints. Mugenbine. Den-O TRU 5 Armors Set. Hmm.

I DID pick up the last of the main team of the Amdrivers, Ragna ($12.50 less 10%). Been thinking of getting it for a long time ever since they slashed the prices, and with an additional 10% today, why not? I really wonder why Amdrivers didn't take off in Japan. The figures were very cool, the Bisars had nice transformations and looked good. But I have to admit, the anime sucked. And maybe that's why it failed : \

Wandered along the rest of town, heading down to the Nokia shop as mentioned, spending an inordinate amount of time in Wheelock, went down the new Orchard MRT entrance (pretty!), wandered around Popular (which is closing down), contemplated going home but decided to walk to Paragon to check out Metro and TRU. Was hoping to find some Exo-Force stuff on discount, but no such luck, so headed to Robinsons. And while at Robinsons, my phone buzzed.

BIDDING.

Shite, totally slipped my mind to re-bid for BP. Panicked for a bit but I went to get the Exo-Force mini-fig magnet set for only $6.45 (half price!) before finding a seat in McDs, and logging on using Wireless@SG. It's times like these where I'm super gratefully that the Govt decided to set up the network. Note to self: NEVER do anything important via Wireless@SG, or at least leave more than 15 mins to deadline to do it.

Then FINALLY I went home. Shoulder was dying by then from the bag and laptop. Ouch.

No comments: