Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hasbro Warehouse Sale. More like MADhouse sale.

So Hasbro held a warehouse sale from the 22nd to the 24th of February, at the usual warehouse place, Toa Payoh SAFRA (for some reason all warehouse sales are there :)

I wen down after class on the first day, reaching slightly before 12. Now, they advertised Transformers in their ad, so I was expecting EVERYONE to be there for TFs. And boyyyy was I right.

Everyone there was basically scouting for TFs. By the time I reached, most of the good stuff was gone. There were DVD MP Primes, Cybertron Primus and Supreme Starscream, some old Alts, old Cybertron and Energon basics, deluxes and ultras, and some movie stuff too! (Leader Megs and Brawl apparently, spotted a bashed up Swindle and accessory-less 74' BBee) Oh, also some Beast Wars 10th Anniversary stuff and Universe as well. I managed to pick up Cybertron Mudflap (GF Demolisher) for $18 which I kinda forgot I didn't have, as well as loose in card Cybertron deluxe Optimus Prime (repainted Armada STD Convoy) for $2, loose in card cos the figure was definitely played with, put back in the card, and resealed with tape. In fact a good lot of the stuff there were returned goods. Other stuff I managed to pick up:

Xevoz (All $2 each)
Sky Grinder
Sledge Trooper
Moon Stalker Vs Hemo Goblin (Opened before, HG has two of the same thighs)
Shadow Blade Vs Bone Cutter (Opened before, not sure if anything's missing)

Galactic Heroes ($3 each)
Obiwan and Sandtrooper
Super Battle Droid and R2-D2
Hoth Luke and Han
Mace Windu and Kit Fisto
Lando and Skiff Guard
Chewbacca and Clone Trooper

One of the hot items at the sale was the Electronic Lighsaber (only $8 from $69.90!), which I managed to get a Anakin/Darth Vader colour changing one! Thing was the box was opened, so it was a risk that it might not work, but thankfully it did! Someone actually came up to me and offer me two others as well, a misb Mace Windu one and a Count Dooku one, both of which I eventually didn't get, although I sorta regret giving the Mace Windu one up to someone. Hope the guy enjoys it!

I was really disgusted by the "familiar" faces (read: CSC, ST, other scum from dunno where) hoarding the good toys there. They had multiple TF figures, and SW stuff and everything! When I went down again today (23rd), it was really sad to see little kids wanting TFs ("Mommy, I wan Transformerrr") but being sorely disappointed as they sifted through the remainders, while two guys stood at one side with their TF haul, talking about how they're gonna bring it back to their shop.

I hate scalpers.

In any case, I picked up a 70th Anniversary Monopoly set for only $15!! Great find, gonna head back there to get one more set for the niece tmrw : )

I went over to the sis' place today as well, so I dropped by CC, and found the latest wave of Galactic Heroes! Couldn't resist the little buggers, and got the following ($10 each):

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul
Aayla Secura and Commander Bly
Ki-Adi-Mundi and Commander Bacara
Commander Gree and Tarfful

I basically picked up all the clone trooper ones, and couldn't resist the Maul vs Obi-wan set either. Was really tempted to get Leia Boush and Han Carbonite set too! Very cool, hopefully they still have it next time I go by. Oh, and I FINALLY got my Vader/ Hologram Emperor and second set of Vader/Obi-wan from the idiot on Yahoo! who kept pushing off the meet up time. Bloody idiot.

No comments: